Who am I kidding…I’m not going to grow up! But if I ever do, I wonder what I’d be. When I was younger I wanted to be so many things….
1. Helicopter Pilot–I have actually logged 5 hours of flight time towards my commercial licence. I had to quit because it is really expensive! REALLY expensive! If I ever won the lottery, I’d consider taking it up again. I loved the time I had flying!
2. A Lawyer–My mom always said I made good arguments and that I should be a lawyer…hmm…I argued but not sure they were always good ones 🙂 Thanks for the encouragement though mom 🙂
3. A Travel Agent/Destination Representative–I took 2 years of a Hotel, Motel, Resort Management program but dropped out. I was almost done, but I was young and didn’t take it seriously enough. If I had the chance to do it again, I would finish…then I would rule the world!!
4. A mom–Nailed it!
5. Singer–um, yeah…singing along with my cd’s in my room using a hair brush as a microphone…um…yeah…enough said 😉
I’m sure there were more things I dreamed about growing up, but I can’t recall them all. At 40 I realized I still have 25 years left before I hit the golden age of retirement…even then who says I have to retire!?!?! So I started thinking about things I want to do when I GROW up….
1. Home based booking keeping business–will be finishing my certificate this summer, let the work begin!
2. Coffee shop owner–work with my hubby in a coffee shop the give back to the community. More on that as it develops 😉
3. GRANDma–here’s hoping right? I have two chances…ahahaha…
4. While we are dreaming: Globe Trotter! Not the basketball kind, but actually getting out there and seeing the world. I’m not going to lie…this one was inspired by a fellow blogger whom I stalk all the time to see where she’s been and where she’s going! Someday, I’m gonna be just like her! 🙂
I think that’s it. 25 years is a lot of time to make some of these come true…but lets face it, do you really think I’m going to grow up by the time I’m 65?? NOT!!! 😉
What are you going to be when you Grow Up? What did you dream of becoming? Did any of them come true? Are they going to come true? I’d love to hear from you!