As I mentioned yesterday, I am reading a book called “The Unapologetic Fat Girls Guide to Exercise and Other Incendiary Acts” by Hanne Blank. I was reading chapter one and she asks the reader to answer some questions about moving our bodies. I thought I’d share my answers…care to share your own answers?
1. What do you imagine happens to your body when you are physically active? How does your body behave and feel different when you’re moving? The best way I could describe this is like waking up. My body feels like it’s waking up when I exercise. Yep, it aches a little as I go but the more I move the less I ache and the better I feel.
2. How would you like moving your body to make you feel? Not to sound cheesy…but I’d like to feel like SuperGirl! Like I can take over the world without even trying…. I would also like to feel like comfortable, like moving my body is as normal as breathing.
3. What one thing do you wish everyone understood about what phical activity is like for you? Being a fat girl (and I’m ok saying that about myself because let face it, I am) I wish people understood it’s not as easy as just going for a walk, or going to the gym. Stepping out of my comfort zone in stretchy pants and a t-shirt and trying to navigate equipment I’m not sure of the weight limit is hard to do…
4. What’s your biggest fear with regard to physical activity? What things are you most worried about in relation to moving your body more? I’m mostly afraid that I won’t be able to keep up with the program. I lose my breath walking up the stairs in my house let alone taking a class. The looks I get at the gym or when I’m walking. I am sure not all of them are meant to sting, but most of them do. I’m also worried about hurting myself. I want to do it all RIGHT NOW, and that is a good way to get an injury…I have to learn to pace myself.
5. What’s your biggest fantasy with regard to physical activity? What do you dream of when you think about adding more movement to your life? That I will share my before and after pictures and people won’t believe I’m the same person! 🙂 So Vein right? The song is mostly about me I know.. 😉 I dream that my family will be the outdoor family and I’ll be able to keep up 🙂
6. What things are you most excited about in relation to moving your body? Being healthy! Being able to play with my kids this summer!
There it is. I will hopefully use these answers to help keep me on track…
….and now, stop reading and get your MOVE on! 🙂 🙂 🙂